The PA Club is delighted to be partnering with City CV for a series of four exclusive FREE, live training webinars, focusing on your career, enlightening, informative and full of expert career advice. City CV is the leading international career consultancy providing bespoke CVs and interview coaching to thousands of individuals, from graduate to CEO, across the globe. Founder and CEO, Victoria Maclean has over 20 years’ experience in CV writing, interview and career coaching and recruitment.
We may not have much control over current circumstances but one area we can focus on is our future career. If these unusual times have given us one thing, it’s time. Time to think about where we are professionally and where we’d like to be. In our new series of 4 career-focused webinars, award-winning career expert Victoria McLean will guide and inform on all aspects of your own career development.
Find Career Fulfilment – Your Dream Role | Career Transitions | Thursday 23rd April 2020, 12.30-13.30
Does your CV pass the 6 second test? The Perfect CV | Thursday 7th May 2020, 12.30-13.30
Harness the power of LinkedIn with a winning profile | Thursday 21st May 2020 12.30-13.30
How to win at interview | Thursday 4th June 2020, 12.30-13.30
City CV & The PA Club present “Find Career Fulfilment – Your Dream Role | Career Transitions”
Thursday 23rd April 2020, 12.30 – 13.30
What is the perfect job for you and how will you ever know? Are you are looking for the next step in your career, increased job satisfaction, a better work-life balance or support in dealing with a transition to a new sector, role or company? Do you need help deciding if you are in the best role for you? Could you be happier elsewhere? Does something not feel quite right? If you are (or were) frustrated in your current role, it’s time to find a career in which you will flourish, be challenged and fulfilled to maximise your potential.
In this session, Victoria will give you the building blocks to enable you to identify and secure your dream role, including:
- How to understand who you are, your values and personal definition of success
- How to identify and play to your strengths
- Have clarity about what you want and how you want it
- How to recognise roadblocks – understand the hurdles you face and how to overcome them
- Establish the ultimate career ingredients for you
- Create your recipe with a clear goal for your future career
- Next steps – all based on reality and practicality
The webinar will be delivered by Victoria McLean, Founder and CEO of City CV. Victoria is a former Recruitment Manager for Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs, and former head-hunter. Victoria will be joined by Charmian Hislop in a live Q&A answering your specific questions relating to you and your career.
City CV & The PA Club present “Does your CV pass the 6 second test? The Perfect CV”
Thursday 7th May 2020, 12:30 – 13:30
Looking for a change of direction or the next step in your career? Understand what recruiters look for in a CV, overhaul your CV and have your burning questions answered, helping you to create a strong and authentic CV which will get you noticed for the right reasons. Expertise and insider knowledge gathered from years of CV writing and recruiting will be shared, including:
- CV evolution – how AI and algorithms can make or break your career (and how to beat the CV robots)
- Soft skills to avoid in your CV – how to show, not tell
- Three essential items in every bullet point
- The competencies you must include
- Being ‘smart’ – how to sell yourself every step of the way
- Avoid the formatting errors that guarantee rejection from most CV screening systems
- The two mistakes that 97% of hirers will reject your CV for
- Live Q&A
The webinar will be delivered by Victoria McLean, Founder and CEO of City CV. Victoria is a former Recruitment Manager for Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs, and former head-hunter. Victoria will be joined by Charmian Hislop. Bring your current CV – as well as your questions – to the session with you!
City CV & The PA Club present “Harness the power of LinkedIn with a winning profile”
Thursday 21st May 2020, 12.30-13.30
The PA Club and City CV, the international award-winning career consultancy, are partnering to present a FREE one-hour webinar on to help you create an attention-grabbing, keyword optimised and 100% complete LinkedIn profile which will help you stand out. With over 660 million members, LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional networking site. An incredible 97% of head-hunters use LinkedIn as their primary candidate source, even more so for senior hires. However you may feel about social media, you can’t afford to neglect your LinkedIn profile.
In this practical live training session, Victoria will provide workable tips on how to write a compelling LinkedIn profile that will drive your career forward, and how to use it to refine your professional brand, move up the rankings and expand your network in a competitive market.
- Make your LinkedIn profile shine with the best keywords
- Exploit LinkedIn algorithms to beat the ‘LinkedIn Robots’.
- Portray yourself as an invaluable commodity.
- Develop your online brand for your sector – your unique differentiator and more.
- The ideal headline and summary – why every character counts
- The perfect upload and privacy.
- Expand and manage your network.
- The best LinkedIn groups for you.
- Be an ‘Expert’ in your niche – blog, share, excite.
- Live Q&A.
This live online training session will be delivered by Victoria McLean, Founder and CEO of City CV. Victoria is a former Recruitment Manager for Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs, and former head-hunter. Victoria will be joined by Charmian Hislop. In a live Q&A, they will answer your specific questions relating to LinkedIn profiles.
City CV & The PA Club present “How to win at Interview”
Thursday 4th June 2020, 12.30-13.30
Are you planning your next job move and feeling concerned or anxious about the interview process? Has it been years since your last interview? Do you need an interview refresh? Is your interview technique letting you down? We know how daunting it can be to go to a job interview, particularly if you are a bit out of practice and not sure what to expect. The right preparation will make all the difference and give you the confidence to answer those tricky questions. We are here to help.
Learn interview tips and strategies from industry experts who have coached clients at all levels from a wide range of industries to help them secure their dream job.
- Get into the mind of recruiters and hirers from the get-go
- The simple technique to answer any and every question
- Use the FAB system to demonstrate your value
- Avoid interview clichés
- Show don’t tell in behavioural interviews
- Be smart: the critical prep you must do for an interview in accountancy
- Interview pitfalls: the three mistakes that 95% of interviewers will reject on
- Live Q&A